21 July 2008
In Volcano Child, 16-year-old Isabel must step into the shoes of Mother, who has left to work in London as a maid. Father is fading away like a ghost and little Mouse digs in the back yard thinking he can tunnel to the other side of the world to fetch Mother. But things are not all they seem ...
Author Candy Gourlay mines a treasure trove of true stories from her time as a journalist in the Philippines. But why this website about a novel in progress? Read the answer here.
Contact Candy Gourlay
- Burma: a Natural Disaster or Political Calamity?
- Madonna Decena on Britain's Got Talent
- Selvakumar Knew Better: a picture book on the tsun...
- Children at Christ's Table - Joey Velasco's Prayer...
- People In the News - Real People
- Island Children at Work and at Play
- An Acrobatic Childhood in Shanghai
- Siobhan Dowd
- Authenticity as Hostage to Expectation